Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hawaii: Day One

Kylie and I left Pasco for Hawaii at 2:30a.m. Sat. Mar. 27. We took the coldest bus ride to Seattle. I tried to sleep, but only did a bit. I'm not much of a flier, so I was nervous. We boarded the plane at 8:35a.m. I sat with a girl from the group and her mom. The girl had never flown and her mom just once. The girl cried during take off and I about joined her. I kept grabbing the seat in front of me and saying silly things like, "Oh dear," "I don't like this" and other things. By the time we leveled out, I was feeling better. The three of us played Yahtzee and laughed every time we panicked over the turbulence and there was lots of it. At the end of the flight, the pilot apologized for the bumpy ride. It would have helped if he could have warned us earlier, because our landing scared the !$$##%&&$$@##@ out of me:) We survived and received our lays which smelled like heaven.

Our tour guide Cousin Eddy met us at the airport. He's led this group a few times in Hawaii and everyone loves him. He even visited Pasco last year to see the 10th Ave. show. A picture of him will come later as he was the best tour guide ever!


We checked into the Aston Hotel and then went on a walk of Waikiki Beach. After the walk, we had a while to change and walk around before dinner. Kylie and I went to the beach and couldn't resist getting in the water a bit. We then walked to the Hard Rock Cafe and had dinner. On the way, I visited with a local man and learned more about the area. By the time we walked back to our hotel, everyone was exhausted and went to bed by nine, midnight our time. It was a very long day.




2 comments:

Deborama said...

You two look like twin sisters not mother/daughter! :) Too fun! Waiting for day 2!

Elizabeth said...

It looks so sunny and nice!