Friday, January 15, 2010

January 2010


January has started off great! Dallin was named the Exchange Club Student of the Month. Jory and I got to go with Dallin to lunch at the airport where the Exchange club gave him a plaque, a $50 savings bond and $10 in McDonald coupons. You can guess what he's most excited about. He is a great kid and deserved it. It was nice to meet some community members around the Tri-cities and tell them about Dallin.
Jory T. got to go camping in the snow with his dad and the scouts. This isn't their first winter camp out. They go quite often and love it. He has great scout leaders that are making a difference in his life.

Kylie is busy playing basketball, trying out for the high school musical, rehearsing for her 10th Avenue show and studying for finals. She even skipped a skiing trip because she didn't want to miss any practices. So Jory T., Dallin and I left her and went snowboarding at Bluewood. I skied. Nell, I'm really going to snowboard next time and use that board. It's awesome and fits great. Jory T. took it on his scout trip and tried it out, but I'm waiting for Kylie so we can learn together.
Camri and Dallin started basketball practice and love it. Friday's I take Camri to tap dance and then straight to basketball. She's been playing for three years and can really dribble well.
Cody got to go to work with his dad all day while we went skiing. He is missing his siblings when they are off to school, but I'm trying to keep him busy. I hope next month is just as fun!

2 comments:

Deborama said...

brrr camping right now doesn't sound fun, my boys are heading out right now! crazy. Tell jory to stop looking older. (thats little jory!) :)

Amy J. said...

I haven't been skiing since college...you are one gutsy woman! I can't believe you are willing to try snowboarding! You Rock!