I was released from Young Women's and called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher. Talk about a 180. No more laughing and giggling. Instead I shake and studder trying to get through a lesson. I miss the girls but have to admit, I like not planning activities. I was running out of ideas. They were sweet though and gave me a "Heart Attack." I kept it on my door for a few days and then saved all the notes in a book. I knew it was time to be released. With my kids growing up so fast, I really was feeling like I needed to focus on them. 

So we ended the summer with another fun filled trip to Silverwood. Jory's leg was still hurting, so he kept Cody at home and I took the rest of the family. We had a blast. Camri had to suffer through a few big rides, but we managed to hit every roller coaster in the park. I don't think I've ever screamed so much. It was great spending the day with them.

Next, we decided to potty train Cody. It took a whole two weeks. Then one day he figured it out and we've only had one accident since. It was easy as pie. Also, he finally let me cut his hair thanks to the big crane in our back yard. He watched the crane lift buildings and I cut.
Camri and Dallin went to school on the 31st of August. Camri is in the third grade and is a social bug. She loves playing basketball at recess. She starts piano again if I can remember to send her. We already missed our first lesson.
Dallin is now a big fifth grader. He asked to get a hair cut because it was so long he couldn't see through his bangs. He is earning many webelos pins and passed his WASL. He's a smart and well behaved boy. I always see Cody dragging Dallin away to jump with him. 
Camri and Dallin went to school on the 31st of August. Camri is in the third grade and is a social bug. She loves playing basketball at recess. She starts piano again if I can remember to send her. We already missed our first lesson.
Dallin is now a big fifth grader. He asked to get a hair cut because it was so long he couldn't see through his bangs. He is earning many webelos pins and passed his WASL. He's a smart and well behaved boy. I always see Cody dragging Dallin away to jump with him. 
Jory refuses to let me cut his hair. He rides a skate board everywhere. I've decided that it's a pretty nice mode of transportation. I sent him to the store one day and he was home in no time flat. He's now in the eighth grade and starting high school math. He loves his guitar class and hopefully will start focusing on it more. But his best accomplishment is his Life Rank he earned in scouts. He only has a few more merit badges and an eagle project and he will earn his Eagle. The goal is before he's 14.
Kylie is now a Sophomore at Pasco High. She tried out for the volleyball team and made JV. She's really loving it. She is one of the captains and is showing a lot of leadership on the floor. Her last game she made 8 serves in a row and a few kills. She plays strong side and middle back. Kylie also tried out for the 10th Avenue singers. It was fun to help her pick a song and practice it. She called Wednesday morning to let me know she made the group.
I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the opportunity I have to be the mother of these five amazing children. I love spending time and being with them. Nothing could be better!

4 comments:
I was the same way when I had to teach Relief Society and now I am in the Primary and miss Relief Society. I think Gospel Doctrine would be so much more intimidating(sp). Your kids are all so cute and growing so fast.
I love seeing pix of your family! They sure are growing up fast! Good luck with your new calling and keep in touch!
hmmmm, I love Jory's picture, it sums him and Marinda's age up! Too bad he is so cute, good luck with that.
Yuck! Gospel Doctrine Teacher. That is a calling that I never want to be called to. You're probably great though. It was fun to hear about everyone. That is so awesome that Kylie is doing so much. I'm totally impressed that she's on the JV team up there. That's huge. Isn't she starting? And what a fun singing group to be in. I don't think Sierra will ever sing. She doesn't have much tune. Don't tell her that though. And tell Jory to cut that hair. It's forever long!
Post a Comment