What did I do for Valentine's Day? Had a blast snowmobiling with my hubby and our great friends from Wyoming. This was our second annual snowmobiling trip. Last year we stayed in Bear Lake, UT and this year we stayed in Island Park, ID. It was amazing. All of us chipped in and rented a cabin. Jory borrowed a couple of really nice sleds and off we went. Saturday morning we fueled up and hit the trails. I still can't figure out how Dallas found his way around. It took me a while to get used to riding. I only go once a year, remember. At one point, we went off trail and followed the river where a herd of elk were drinking. Yes, I forgot the camera. For lunch, we stopped in at Pine Lodge to warm up and fuel the men. That afternoon, Dallas led us on what I thought was a crazy mountain trail that would get us lost. We ended up going through the mountains to a big open field and then 10 or so miles later, the cabin! I couldn't believe it. What fun!!! No one was hurt too badly, though I have bruises on my legs and arms. I got brave and learned how to stand on the side and turn. Fell a few times, but the snow was six inches of new powder. Later, the hot tub saved all of us aging friends. We had a great time and can't wait for next year.

Jory is pretty cool to watch. He floats through the snow!

I'm pretending to ride at the time. I was too tired at the moment to do much else.

I finally got the hang of going to the side to turn. It's kind of fun!
8 comments:
Wow! That looks like a ton of fun. I think I would have probably run into a tree.
Looks like you had a lot of fun. I love doing things like that. I am not as daring as my hubby either.
I'm not kidding, you are so active and adventerous. I better not let my kids read your blog anymore or they'll be moving out of here and into your family :)
your crazy! You look so cute, where is your marshmallow outfit? Your such a trooper to put FUN and SNOWMOBILING in the same sentence! :)
I am soooo jelous! That looks like so much fun. I forget those days of skiing and snowmobiling. I think that is a great idea to have an annual get together. You need to continue doing it.
Great pictures! Those are the first I was able to see of the trails and the fun you had in the snow while I was at the cabin. I didn't mind though....next year, right?
I am impressed! What a woman! That sounds and looks like a great time away with just you and the hubby. I love yearly traditions that we can count on and look forward to.
That looks like so much fun!! You and Jory (and friends) really know how to live it up. You're too cool!
Post a Comment