I feel loved when...
The Five Love Languages
My Primary Love Language is Acts of Service
| My Detailed Results: | |
|---|---|
| Acts of Service: | 11 |
| Words of Affirmation: | 8 |
| Quality Time: | 6 |
| Receiving Gifts: | 3 |
| Physical Touch: | 2 |
About this quiz
Unhappiness in relationships is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. It can be helpful to know what language you speak and what language those around you speak.
I knew acts of service were probably my love language. My husband's wonderful sister LeAnn came with her family for a few days. She and her husband cooked a fabulous dinner last night. I was in such a good mood sitting around while they cooked. I was relaxed and happy. After attending my stake meeting, I came home to find dishes not done. I just glared at my husband. I figured he'd step up and do dishes or at least rinse them. No such luck. I wasn't expecting my in-laws to do it. They have three little kids, one of them only two months old who I got to hold and cuddle while they cooked. I did expect my husband to do something, especially after his first mistake.
The first mistake happened when, after my uplifting meeting, Kylie called me sobbing. She was the only one left at the football stadium, besides the janitor. No father in sight. I frantically jumped in my car and headed to the rescue. I called my husband and he's sitting at PHS waiting for her to come out of the school. Since when do they play football indoors? Anyway, I gave him directions to the stadium, which he has been to before, and he got there before me. Maybe that's why the dishes not being done added to the problem.
My brother-in-law saved the day, when he made yummy banana topping for ice-cream as I did the dishes (he likes to cook). My mood immediately changed. I was laughing and dishing ice-cream the rest of the night. Maybe I just need to tell my husband to cook more:)

3 comments:
I will come help you do your laundry, if you will tell me how wonderful I am....over and over and over;) (Bet you can't tell what MY language is.)
I'm curious how my Love Language would turn out. I'm guessing it would be pretty close to your results. Which I'm sure most men would prefer physical touch to be at the top of our list and not at the bottom. Things change when we're a mother and running the house and kids, huh? I'm certainly glad Kylie got picked up and all is well. ;)
I'm with Terri...I like verbal praise from my hubby. I can so relate to your story, oh too much!
Post a Comment