Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally, It's Friday!

Homework! Homework! Homework! That's all I seem to hear anymore. We had open house at the elementary school yesterday, so I asked Kylie if she could make dinner. "I have too much homework." As I pick up kids from football and volleyball I yell, "Bring your homework." As we get ready for bed I ask, "Did you finish all your homework?" We are getting it done, but I'm going to have to come up with a better system. Shouldn't kids come home from school and have some play time? If we do homework right after school, some times it takes too long and they don't get to play. After dinner their brains seem to be in shut off mode. Mine is too. It was so nice to hear Dallin say as he came through the door on this wonderful Friday, "I don't have any homework!"

5 comments:

Amy J. said...

Oh my goodness...can I just copy and paste this post right into my blog? All I would have to do is change the kids names and change the football to basketball! I soooo can relate. They either don't get any time to relax and be a kid or they don't get their homework done...Either way you feel like a bad mom!

Deborama said...

I just got my first phone call (Im sure I will get more) "why isn't she getting her homework done?" she is going to love me when I call her Monday and tell her what she can do with all her homework! :)

rip said...

I am sooo behind. Why do I feel like I'm getting an "F" in parenting when my kids don't get there homework done.

p.s. I tagged you!

tiffani said...

Your family is so cute! We miss you.

Jodi said...

I so, so hear you! The first thing Davis said when he walked in the door was - "No homework today - it's Friday!" YAY!!!!