Monday, August 4, 2008

Kylie's Big Adventure







Last week Kylie attended OYA, Outdoor Youth Adventures, in Badger Creek, Id. It is put on by BYU Idaho. I was so nervous for her to go. We didn't send her with any friends and I worried she'd be nervous and shy. My mom and dad were great enough to take her to Rexburg and put her on the bus. They said she didn't look back. When I asked her today how she did that so bravely, she said she walked on the bus, asked a girl to if she could sit next to her and they hit it off immediately. She has so much confidence and spunk. I knew this adventure would be right up her alley. They did a few different ropes courses, rock climbing, white water rafting and an overnight trek. She said the ropes course was the best and she did strengthen her testimony a little more as well.

7 comments:

Amy J. said...

There is something so amazing about being nervous or scared and then doing it anyway. What a neat camp for her to go to!

Jan said...

She is a spunky girl. But so together. She is such a great girl. Love the picture and the learning.

Have a great day Nicki girl.

Jodi said...

Sounds awesome!!! Way to go Kylie! I can totally see her having no problem making new friends. She's great!

rip said...

Wow! I'm gone for a week and look what happened! I love it! Kenna and I look forward to playing with you and Camri tomorrow.

Deborama said...

that is so crazy! Im at the cabin sneaking into my mother in laws computer to check on my blog! :) Scott says Im pathetic!

Deborama said...

that was weird, I left you a comment at the cabin? I thought it worked! So tired.

Elizabeth said...

welcome to blogging world! Hey come and check out my blog. I share a blog with Elizabeth (Spurgeon). I went to somewhere simular to that place!
blog4ever♥☺♥