Thanks to my mother-in-law coming to stay, the next week Jory T. and I went to the LDS scout encampment. I was on the cook crew. I got there Sunday night at 7p.m and we started putting lunch sacks together. We assembled over 4500 lunch sacks that week. We fed on average 1500 scouts and leaders for three meals. It was HARD work. I don't know how our team leaders planned so well. Those boys ate well! They were very thankful as they came through the lines. We had a few wards come help with clean up and many leaders helped with dishes. I don't think I've ever seen so many cookie sheets. My hands and back are still recovering. I knew it would be hard, but I wasn't expecting to feel the spirit like I did. I cried after seeing how happy my son was one night and how much fun he was having. He told me later he didn't need to go to church. He'd gone to a week of church! Wait till your mission kid The next week Kylie and I went to girls' camp. It was like a vacation compared to scout camp. I didn't have to cook all week. I took a few naps and loved being a stake leader; card games at night, raiding the fridge for homemade ice cream, showering when I wanted. Talk about a vacation. :)
After camp, I helped Kylie get ready for Europe! We rushed around Monday morning and got her packed. Her dad met us outside of Kennewick and gave her a blessing then off she went with a friend to the pre-camp in Puyallup. It was my bday that day, and our new encampment friends had a post scout camp party. The rest of the kids got to swim and they sang happy bday to me. It was nice. Wednesday, my super friend took me to the movies for my bday and then to dinner later! She's the best! Thursday, the kids and I went to Puyallup to listen to the Washington Ambassador's choir Kylie is in. It was awesome! Such talent throughout the state performed after only two days of learning the music. We took Kylie with us to a hotel and swam all night. Then, Friday morning I took the shuttle with her to the airport and off she flew. She sang today for church services at Wesley's Chapel built in 1777! The rest of Friday, the kids and I went to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. We had a blast.
This bike was pretty scary. Dallin tried it first. I think he was braver than Jory.
The Space Needle was right behind us. I asked the kids if they wanted to walk around it. They said no because it was right there. 
The circus building was the most fun for the kids because of this bouncy thing. 

The insect house was fun.
Yes those are bees.
That's a cockroach. YUCK!
Cody did not like the Butterfly House.
3 comments:
Hey! Happy late birthday! Even with Tiff's calendar I still forget. I actually wanted to post you a happy birthday on facebook but of course I didn't get the chance. Love the pictures. It sounds like quite the busy summer so far. Aren't summers supposed to be relaxing. Ya, I'm finding out the hard way that they are not. By the way, I love Jory's hair. I'm so glad that he cut it. I keep thinking that I hope the style doesn't stay long and shaggy when my boys become teenagers. It would drive me nuts. See you soon.
Looks like you have had a fun and busy summer. Happy Birthday! I love the Science Center I went there quite often as a kid when I would go visit my aunt in Seattle for a few weeks in the summer.
For all the things you have done you really are pictureless! The ones you have are great though! :) Seattle looked fun!
Post a Comment