I can't believe March is already almost over. What have we been doing? Well, going to more doctors appointments than anyone wants to. Dallin and Cody both got sick. Cody had an ear infection and was wheezing. Dallin's asthma has been extremely bad with the weather turning so quickly. After church one day we almost had to take him to the emergency room. But with the help of a Priesthood blessing, he made the turn around and started clearing up. Camri hurt her hip some how and couldn't walk for a few days. She doesn't know what happened. It just started hurting at school and by night time she could hardly walk. Xrays showed no signs of a fracture and she is walking again. She missed her last basketball game and a week of school though.
And me? Well, I won't go into details, but I took a trip to Portland to see my old doctor. I was a nervous wreck and was going to have Kylie drive down with me. I finally admitted to a friend my problems, and she volunteered to drive. It turned out to be the best thing for me. Not only did I get some help, but we stayed in a hotel and shopped after the appointments, window shopped that is. FUN! It was a little strange not dragging five kids with me. I kept thinking we needed to get home and then would realize we had all night:) We did come home the next day and everyone survived without us.
Tuesday, however, I finally made it to volleyball only to play for five minutes before I jumped up for a block and came down twisting my ankle. I could barely walk, but made it home, iced it and took some meds. Yesterday I hobbled around and when Kylie came home she yelled at me, "What did you do? We are supposed to go to Hawaii next Saturday!" The swelling has gone down and I can limp without pain now, so I should be good to go play in the sun next week. At least now I have an excuse before we go for laying out in the sun to work on my tan and not doing anything else, right?
Through all this, I'm thankful for a husband who puts up with my ailments and has a job with good insurance. He's the best!!! I'm also thankful for good friends! Some are willing to take a few days out of their life for me. Some just listen and have the same kind of issues so I don't feel alone. Some call to make sure I'm doing better. Some help with my children when they are struggling. I can truly say I have been greatly blessed.
14 years ago

3 comments:
Oh man. Sorry I wasn't there to help!!! Hopefully things get better and look on the up and up for your trip to Hawaii! I will be fun for you and Kylie!
You have had a crazy month with injuries! Im glad your going to relax, your going to make yourself sick worrying about Hawaii, that will be bad if you get the flu the day before you leave. Go take a nap. Or at least some big deep breaths! :) That was a nice post!
Oh I hope you are doing better. Hawaii sounds fun. Wish I could have seen you when you were in Portland! It's been a while. Enjoy your trip.
Post a Comment