Sunday, December 21, 2008

Letter to Santa


At Camri's parent-teacher conference, the teacher told me Camri, my second grader, is a great writer. It must run in the family. My Grandma wrote stories, plays and poems; my dad's a great story and poem writer; my sister Diedre wrote an awesome book and is working on getting it published; my sister Jeni is an English teacher; and I, of course, can't write worth beans. Friday, Camri brought home a letter she wrote to Santa. It is super cute and I wanted to share it with everyone. It goes as follows:

Dear Saint Nicholas,
I have seen lots of movies about you because you are famous. Well, that is what I think. How are you doing? Do you have stuff like in the movies in your sleigh? I hope kids are being good this year. Santa, can you tell the elves I said "Hi"? I have found a new friend. Her name is Carsen. I go to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My teacher's name is Mr. Lugo. I like him. When I was in the first grade I had Ms. Moreno and Ms. Hollenbeck. Santa, you wouldn't mind if you dropped off some presents? Oh, and Santa, can you bring some hot cocoa? We really need it for winter. Santa, some kids might change, so keep watch.
Your Christmas Friend,
Camri

Isn't that fun? What a letter to Santa, like they're best friends. She doesn't even ask for anything specifically. This letter will be a keeper. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

5 comments:

Jamie Wobbles said...

Hey Nicki! That's completely okay! And thank you! He's getting there And your family is georgous!! Your daughter looks ALOT like you :) :)

Natasha said...

She is so cute! I'm sure Santa will bring her whatever she wants after reading that letter.

AnneGeo said...

What an awesome letter. I wish more kids, young and old, were more like that. My kids, including Brian, want everything and the dog to go with it.

orhedricks said...

Love the blog and love that letter. So creative. Good to catch up with what you are doing! Your family is great. Looks like you have a lot of fun. Liked the biker look:) What fun. We are kind of hooked on guitar hero!

Jodi said...

That is so sweet. Letters to Santa are always so priceless. I try to make a copy of all the boys letters before they get sent off. They're not nearly as cute as Camri's though.